Thursday, February 12, 2009

Hexagon Block Portraits (5)



The final portrait of the first group of blocks. The eyes work well once again, and hold the piece together pretty well. Otherwise I thought the mouth was nice, with even an implication of skinny little bottom-front teeth.

At this point I was occasionally "cheating" by painting swaths of skin tone or background black onto some blocks. For example I painted a big chunk of yellow onto the block used for the forehead when I couldn't find any other block that fit.

9 comments:

Kent said...

Very cool. This combination really has a personality.

Will we ever see the portraits assembled in their original form?

Peter Herpich said...

Nope. I didn't photograph them before I split them apart. They weren't anything special really - plain and a little sloppy.

Like the preliminary abstract stuff, I was mostly focused on getting some good things to work with - good eyes, good depth and volume, nice color variety - as opposed to making a strong portrait.

شركة ايجى ترونكس لماكينات الليزر said...

its so nice

www.egytronics.net

Theresa Cyr said...

That is so awesome!!! I think it's fantastic how you get the blocks to make a face. Talk about patience!!

Anonymous said...

its nice portrait. i like it.
href="http://www.eduadvice.blogspot.com/"http://www.eduadvice.blogspot.com/

Hena Tayeb said...

wow this is fantastic..
also congrats on being blog of note

calleexo said...

wow
this is beautifullll!
keep it up thats amazing

Some kind of courage. said...

wow
i LOVE this.
i think it would be amazing if i got a extra big size to cover over my wall
that would really be something.
:D

nonsense said...

that's wonderful!
sadness&happiness at tha same time!!!